- Official licensed product of The Singh Twins
- Made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton.
- Printed and made to order in the UK.
- Size is approx. 36cm x 40cm with 60cm handles.
- For best results hand wash.
- Dispatch and returns information
+£3.50 shipping to the UK.
Inspired by The Singh Twins’ artwork Trade Wars (Slaves of Fashion series). In 1600, Elizabeth I granted a monopoly to the East India Company on all English trade east of the Cape of Good Hope. The Singh Twins adapt a 16th-century portrait of the queen, changing her jewels to spices traded by the Company. Around Elizabeth are scenes of ‘trade wars’ between the colonial powers. The outer border shows ‘trade wars’ in a modern context where the theme is the social and ecological impact of the supermarket price wars over bananas.
The Singh Twins
There are no reviews yet.